Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yup!

Yesterday afternoon I brought fabrics to the tailor to have some new clothes made (I LOVE that!)... this weekend I'll go in for a fitting... 3 skirts, 3 pairs of work pants (I even found khaki material at the market!), and 2 tops... so excited!

Then I met up with Sarah and we both got a manicure and pedicure.  :)  Fun girl-time!

On my way home it began to sprinkle... knowing that the sky would probably open up at any second, I pulled over to the side of the road (with everyone else) and took my poncho out from under the scooter's seat. It's quite funny to see everyone pull over at once and pull on rain jackets as quickly as they can... then it's business as usual on the street!

As I pulled into the basement of my apartment building it was still just sprinkles. As I opened the door to my place on the 3rd floor, I could hear the hard, hard rain on the skylights above! I made it just in time.

This morning... same... I left for work and the sky was a dark gray (as I assume it will usually be for the next month or so). Sprinkles began when I was about 1/2-way to school. I finally pulled to the side to take my poncho our from the boot of my bike and made it to school in "rain" (nothing too hard but definitely more than sprinkles).

As soon as I opened the inside door to the library and put my bag down, I could hear the hard rain on the ceiling to the bike park just outside the windows!

[I knock on wood as I type...] I think the rainy season is on my side so far with timing.  :D

Some evening soon I will have to put on my rain boots (or wellies as I love how Sarah calls them) and go puddle jumping!

No comments:

Post a Comment