Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Papaya

One of the things I realized I missed from Saigon when I was back in the States... is the daily fresh fruit that I get. (...And it was really nice to realize that I did miss things ...and can now focus on appreciating them during my time here in SE Asia.)

Patrice told me about a fruit cart lady just down the street from our school, at the start of a street market... she picks up freshly cut papaya each morning on her walk to school -- and now, so do I!


The lady is pretty darn cute. She always says, "THANK YOU!" to me and was all about my taking a picture this morning.

...I realized that I have no idea what an actual papaya fruit looks like... to buy on my own in the supermarket. haha... I've gotten used to buying it cut and ready to go by this lady...

So I just Google Image searched it and realize that I have seen this all over but never realized what it was... (I think I've figured these were oddly shaped, non-ripened mangoes.)   :P

(fruitsage.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment