Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Love Hanoi

After spending Christmas back in Ho Chi Minh, we flew to Hanoi. We had one full day in Hanoi... and then were on our way to Ha Long Bay for a two-day, one-night cruise!

I really loved Hanoi. I plan to make it back there for a couple days and take the 10-hour night train to Sapa at some point! I liked being able to put a scarf on and feel the cool air... so different than Ho Chi Minh!

I've heard that people generally view Hanoi as not having as good of food and the people not being as friendly as in HCMC. While I did find this to be true during my limited stay, I still really liked this city... it seems more old fashioned and 'quaint' when compared to HCMC... AND I love the change in seasons! I was feeling the charm.   :)

The iconic red bridge, leading to the pagoda in the center of Hoan Kiem Lake.
The lake is centrally located in the older part of the city.

Someone's front door...

Street cake!

Basket masks...

Field trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment