Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Friends!

Yesterday I met up with a guy living in Parker, CO who is going to work at the elementary school of AIS in Ho Chi Minh this coming year! He was very nice - he's from Ireland and is going to be the school's literacy coach. The middle and elementary schools are on different campuses, in different districts of the city BUT it will be really nice to have a friendly face in Vietnam!

I have been communicating through emails with a couple realtors about apartments and it's been somewhat funny. The first calls me 'Mister'... and if I ever meet this realtor, he/she will learn that I'm not a mister... BUT I don't know if they are male or female from their name either!  :P  Oh sheesh.

Then another realtor refers to me as "Mr./Ms. Maiorani" and asked what district I want to live in. ...Turns out that this realtor lives in the Binh Thanh district as well and wants to be friends! ...Well, they want me to help them with their English actually... but basically... friends! haha

I have heard from people that have been to HCMC that everyone is very friendly. So far so good and I'm not even there yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment