Saturday, May 28, 2011

Binh Thanh

Yesterday was my last day at Leroy Drive. It was bittersweet for sure. I still hate goodbyes - I used to loath having to say goodbye to relatives at our family parties (it may be a bit of an exaggeration but I kind of remember actually hiding so that I wouldn't have to make the rounds of goodbyes... I wouldn't put it past me haha). I'm so glad that Koura was with me at school yesterday because driving away from that school for the last time was hard and it helped to have Koura smiling up at me from the backseat.

AIS (American International School) is located in the Binh Thanh District of Ho Chi Minh City. Below is a picture from Wikipedia that shows where the Binh Thanh District is within the city. I like that the Saigon River runs along the district!
My paperwork came back from the Embassy of Vietnam in DC this past week! Lenny picked it up for me from the post office... When I called him from school to see if it was complete or if there was a letter saying I was missing things, Lenny opened it and said, "I can't read a word of it... it's all in Vietnamese!" haha. I do think I'm all set though - it looks just like the samples that the HR lady from AIS sent me. Whew!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone at Leroy Drive misses you to like two weeks ago I was saying hi to all my past teachers and Gym teacher, art teacher, music teacher ect. and I wanted to go stop by the library to say hi to you and Ms. Swank and then I rembered oh yah Miss. M doesn't work there anymore! :(. We all miss you so much and hope that you come back soon!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete