Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Overwhelmed... but mapping it out

Two days ago I received an email from the HR lady at AIS in Ho Chi Minh... including SEVEN attachments of things that I need to read through and get done before leaving. After spending 3 hours reading through it all on the couch, I felt overwhelmed and stressed... buuuut then I just became excited again!

Being (overly) organized helps me to calm down (weird librarian lady) so I made a binder of everything Vietnam and plan to take it one step at a time.

Yesterday I got 24 passport photos of myself (24?!?! ...seriously - they said to bring 2 dozen) and requested a notarized police report. Apparently, if there is a warrant out under my name, I'll be called in to the police department instead of receiving the query letter in the mail.  :P  Then... beyond scheduling multiple doctor appointments, I am attempting to complete a form that is in Vietnamenglish and where the form asks what I am requesting ... I have yet to figure out.

FUN NEWS: my friend Andy and I found where my school is located on my Ho Chi Minh City map!! I've taken some screen-shots from Google Maps so you can get an idea:



2 comments:

  1. How exciting, Stacia! I'm anxious to hear about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get em tiger! I'll be watching from afar.

    ReplyDelete