Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Okarito Trig Hike, FJ, NZ

The Okarito Trig Hike was great! It is listed to be 1 hour 30 minutes roundtrip and a distance of 4.2 km. I was back at the car in 1 hour 10 minutes... and took my time on the hike and taking in the views at the top.

I only passed a handful of people on the way... I love that the west coast of the South Island is not even near crowded even during high tourist season.

The start to the hike...

Covering up from the strong sun...


View from the top! 
That's the Franz Josef Glacier in the middle in the distance...

Zoomed in on the Franz Josef Glacier...
(I'll be hiking IN that tomorrow!)

View up top of the Okarito Lagoon and the Tasman Sea...

View up top of the Okarito Lagoon and the Tasman Sea...


Below is a video showing the 360-view  : )
 

No comments:

Post a Comment