Saturday, January 21, 2012

Last days...

On the morning of my parents' last day in Saigon we had breakfast at Jaspas (the one off of Hai Ba Trung, behind the Opera House... typing this now, I sit in the Jaspas on Dong Khoi!). Jaspas has great food, wonderful lattes, and awesome deals... buy-one-get-one-free breakfasts on weekends AND free refills on coffee-like drinks -- awesome!

Dad drawing a picture of himself.   :P  (...and his flat white)


Dad and I ended up eating some pretend pho with a couple local girls too! They were super cute pretending to cook the pho... gathering ingredients, fanning the fire under the table, etc... but by the time we made it over there to order fake pho from them, their grandmother brought over the real thing for their breakfast.  :P  We even tipped each girl a 10,000 dong after we 'ate' and they were ecstatic! -- Jumping up and down and dancing with the money.


Mom and Dad flew out on New Year's Eve... while Lenny and Lexey flew out New Year's Day. We made a trip to a great flower market in District 10 on New Year's Day. (The same one that I went to with Uncle Bob on the Vespa Adventures tour that we did... I was pretty excited that I was able to find it again!)


Lenny and Lexey picked out beautiful yellow roses for me! There ended up being four dozen in the bundle!! I had roses all over my apartment for two weeks - it was awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment