Friday, October 5, 2012

the pigeon!

I shared one of my all-time favorite picture books to read aloud -- Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, by Mo Willem -- with the students in Club READ a couple weeks ago - most of them seemed to really enjoy it :) ...and requested that I get the other Pigeon books to read to them!

A 7th grader, Minou, made the following for me:


Both of these signs are now hanging on just inside the library's entrance!

AND... bizarrely enough, earlier in the day, a friend of mine from home --Carolyn Whitbeck -- posted the following video to my wall on Facebook. It is a video of a 2-year old narrating the book, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!


So cute.

I used to read Willems' Pigeon books to Carolyn's campers at Camp Stella Maris... to her 15-year-old Counselors in Training! I love that I can share my excitement of reading... and wonderful picture books... with children (of all ages!) all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment