Wednesday, October 10, 2012

VinGallery events, HCMC

Last Saturday I had a great day with a couple events at VinGallery - an art gallery and workshop center where Jen is now the manager.

First up was an early afternoon musical presentation of Peter and the Wolf!

Jen was the narrator and the story was told through her story, as well as with a piano. It was just 30 minutes and many children attended... great weekend activity  :)


Later that evening the gallery held an art teachers' artwork event... displaying various works done by local art teachers' throughout the city. It was GREAT! Donna, the art teacher at the middle school where I work, attended with me... she didn't have anything on show but we both enjoyed the evening.

Each teacher with works displayed gave a short description of their work, the process, stories behind the pieces, etc. Very cool.

The entire evening felt like it filled up a hole in my social life in Vietnam... it felt like I were back in Denver attending a local art event; I loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment