Tuesday, February 14, 2012

After school deliciousness...

I paused by a fruit market on my way home from work to take this shot... I love the pink flowers on the balcony above the market and against the gray sky...


THEN I noticed that I was beside a street cart selling the coconut dessert shown below: 


I've tried looking into what this is called for a while... but am not finding anything. I asked one of my students and she wasn't sure of the real name for it but said that she refers to it as banh dua in Vietnamese. Whatever it's called... it's pretty delicious. It's made with coconut (or coconut milk?) and very spongy. 

You tear off a puffy section at a time. The piece above is about the size of a decent dinner plate. I paid 10,000 dong for it (about 50 cents)... which is definitely the foreigner's price.   :P

(Lenny - I wish we had seen a street cart with this while you were here, as it's great street cake!)

No comments:

Post a Comment