Sunday, February 26, 2012

Street food fun...

Durians (the really smelly fruit) must be in season now because they are all over! 

I found one of my favorite street snack carts today! 
...The roasted banana in coconut tapioca sauce. Mmmmm...

(Sprinkling sesame seeds over the top...)

Then I was on the hunt for a roasted popcorn cart... and I found one! 
This lady was super sweet; 
she seemed to like my attempts at Vietnamese... 
gave me a fair price... 
and then proceeded to try and sell me everything else on her bike o' goods!

I didn't really know where I was after the roasted popcorn bicycle on a side street... so I drove around a bit, turned right at one point... and luckily found myself near the river! Across the river, I saw the temple (shown below) that's in my neighborhood... perrrrfect! I like that I'm at a point in which I can drive for a bit and (usually) run into a spot that's familiar enough to me to find my way to a specified destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment