Monday, February 13, 2012

Vietnamese lunches...

I realized I should post some pictures of 'traditional' Vietnamese food (more in the 'basic' sense than 'traditional' I suppose). ...Well, what better place than food from our school's canteen?! haha

Lately, I've been buying lunch from the canteen a couple times a week... it's cheap, convenient, tastes good, and is clean (which is a nice comfort here!).

Each day there are a couple choices for the students... like fried frogs (truly... they've served whole, fried frogs before and the kids love them). I choose to go with a plate of rice, cooked vegetables, and an egg. The veggies change each day and with some soy sauce on top, I'm all set!

I usually pay about 16,000 d for a lunch like the two shown below (...less than $1.00).

No comments:

Post a Comment