Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Con Than Lan spotting!

After school today I went for a full body massage. There is a nice place just across the street from me. It was my first massage here in Vietnam. Some keywords that come to mind when I think of it...

  • Public nudity
  • Pulling
  • Pushing
  • Stretching
  • ...Massaging
The lady was right up on the table with me at points! Overall, it was wonderful and I will go again... but, like most things here, it was an experience!

From there, I went next door to my favorite place for a meal... I finally got around to taking a picture of it! This is the fish noodle bowl that I love...


I spotted the lizard again in my apartment tonight. I wouldn't mind him as a pet so much if he didn't scare me when he races out at me and then scurries away! I called Mr. Nhan and showed him the word(s) for lizard in my dictionary: con than lan. He ended up taking the television off the wall to find this con than lan. The lizard ran from the television to behind the fridge... and by this point, Mitali (one of the cleaners in the building) came in to hold the television... her and I were both giggling over the whole situation. Mr. Nhan was on his hands and knees... on the hunt. He swung out his hand... and came up with a little white lizard! He took the lizard outside and then came back to hang the television back up.

...The problem is that the original lizard was big, fat, and black... not little and white. I was looking up the words for black and white and trying to act out what I was attempting to explain - that Mr. Nhan caught a white lizard and a black lizard must still be behind the fridge! 

Well... Mr. Nhan and Mitali thought this was all just hilarious... especially when I would try to say the words for lizard - con than lan - hilaaaarious! (My pronunciation and tones must have been way off.) Mr. Nhan seems to think that he caught the one lizard that was in my apartment and we left it at that. For now. Until I find that big, fat, black lizard again and call Mr. Nhan! ha

I took a few more video clips on my way to school again today... the ride to work has many different parts to it and I think it's so interesting...

My xe om driver is such a trooper...

Check out all of the wires!!

And then we passed this guy carrying these flowers... it's pretty amazing all that can be carried on a scooter!


No comments:

Post a Comment