Monday, August 22, 2011

Tet Trung Thu - Moon Festival

I just showed Phuong my toy pictures and described the booth that I bought it from. She knew what I meant... and said that these things are for the Moon Festival - this year, it will be Monday, September 12.

She asked if I tried the moon cake - so THAT'S what they were trying to sell me with the toys! haha. She said that it is good but very expensive and they use too much sugar. I'm not sure if too much sugar is really a problem for me haha... I will have to try it sometime.

One of the returning teachers that I've been hanging out with has a birthday coming up and is having a rooftop party - so I think a rooster-like toy might be an appropriate present.  :P

Phuong said that she and her friends all had a rooster just like mine when they were little children and celebrating the Moon Festival! She was excited to see that this is the one I chose! They have dragons and different things too.

Ha - as I read up on the Moon Festival - it is all about celebrating children (I knew the girl was laughing when I was buying these toys... for myself!).  Below are a couple articles about the festival (click on them to follow the link):


No comments:

Post a Comment