Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Barbie and the Rockers: The Fan

There's a Language Arts teacher in the middle school whom I adore... Patrice. She is from Nova Scotia, Canada. I love when she ends a sentence and I expect her to pull a Mom from Bobby's World... "Donchya know, Babbo!"

This is Patrice's 2nd year at AIS and she's been so sweet to me. I love hangout time in her room each afternoon... today's hangout time included my showing her pictures from home.

She loved this one of Jenn Meyers and I dressed for 80's day at Camp Stella Maris in 2007...

At first, it reminded her of Jem and the Holograms but then Patrice hit it right on the spot when she said that my hair looks like Diva from Barbie and the Rockers: The Fan...
Hahahaha... perrrrfect.

It felt good to talk about home and look at the pictures that I've brought to Vietnam with me.

The picture of Meyers and I above is actually a part of my scrapbook that I made at the end of 2009 to bring on my trip to Ecuador. I love this book. It is in both English and Spanish and the kids that we worked with in Ecuador LOVED our scrapbooks! It was such a fabulous trip... and this scrapbook shows all different pieces of my life - from growing up in NY and doing gymnastics, to living in Denver and playing kickball - it's all in there with my family and friends.  XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Love that picture of you and Meyers! hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic! I agree that it is a very good likeness of the hair. Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to read all about it and see some pics. Have fun!
    (Aunt Gail)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go DIVA!!!!!

    Hope you are having a blast in Dalat!

    ReplyDelete