Thursday, September 1, 2011

DOH!

So... my principal just broke the news to me...

Only 1 student signed up for Poetry Slam Club.

Hahahaha... I had a feeling something like that might happen. Especially when I was up against Dodge Ball Club.

So... no club for me 1st semester (could be worse!)... and we'll either try to pitch Poetry Slam Club again for 2nd semester and advertise it OR I'll just do something else. It's too bad - if I could have gotten a group of kids started, I think they'd really enjoy it. I had some fun things planned... food too even!

Last spring I guess there was a group of kids going to a local orphanage... they started in the spring and only went a couple of times it sounds like. A teacher here is interested in starting it up as soon as possible and having it be a weekly, year-long after school activity. I'm totally interested in that... so hopefully that will work out and I can be a part of it... maybe that will be in lieu of my 'club' - sheesh.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment