Saturday, September 17, 2011

TGIF Fun

I went to the Caravelle Hotel -- a nice, big hotel in District 1 next to the Opera House -- after school. I was to meet the other librarians from international schools in HCMC.

We planned to meet in the restaurant on the 9th floor. I arrived early and took the chance take in the view and then sit in a comfy chair and read my book for a while. ...And I ordered a delicious peach green tea smoothie!


...Notre Dame Cathedral.




It was really nice to get together with the librarians from other schools in the city! Being able to talk Library Talk and hear the similarities and differences between the different schools feels good. A few couldn't make it but we had a great group...
Next to me is Jaye, the AIS high school librarian (my school, different campus). 
Then, it's Rochelle - the librarian at the British International School (BIS) and the one that I got together with for dinner a couple of weeks ago - she's from Buffalo, NY!
At the head of the table is Louise, the AIS elementary librarian (my school, different campus).
Josephine is in the white blouse and is also new (like me!) at the International School Ho Chi Minh City (ISHCMC).
Nell is in the blue patterned dress and is the librarian at International School Saigon Pearl that I'm doing Reading Buddies with.  :)
And last but not least is Angela, across from me, the librarian at Saigon South International School (SSIS). She has been at SSIS for 4 years and heads-up our group emails and get-togethers.

Then I had more fun with my camera and the views...


(The land of cranes.)





...Notre Dame Cathedral.




From the librarian 'meeting' I met my new friend, Kat, for dinner here (I read about this place online and wanted to try it out)...


I met Kat in a coffee shop last week... I liked her cute orange wedge shoes! She had just arrived in Saigon two days ago... and will live here for a couple of years as well. Kat works in the textile merchandising side of a shoe company from Sweden - the factory is here and they export all of the shoes back to Sweden. I wish there was a way to get them here - her shoes are so cute! We talked for a few minutes and exchanged numbers. 

It was fun to get together with her and I really liked this place we went to - great atmosphere and style... aaand yummy food. I'll definitely go again.

It was a great Friday evening :D

No comments:

Post a Comment