Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pomelo

I picked up some pomelo fruit over the weekend - it's pretty delicious.  :)


It must be pomelo season because all of a sudden I am seeing pomelo fruit all over! Carts full of pomelo.

I wasn't sure what they were... as I was with Riki over the weekend, we walked by a fruit juice shop and she told me about them (they have many of the same fruits in Australia that I am not used to seeing in the US). I decided to buy some sliced pomelo. I think pomelo juice would be really good as well (future experiment with my juicer! Mmmm). 

I agree with the description that pomelo is like a mild grapefruit. 

...And sure enough - pomelo is native to SE Asia. Sometimes I feel silly for all that I've never heard of before! It's a lot of fun to learn about so many new things each and every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment