Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy TET TRUNG THU!

Today is the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival... Tet Trung Thu

I like this excerpt from Wikipedia about the Vietnamese version of this Chinese - Vietnamese - Taiwanese holiday...


"The Vietnamese version of the holiday recounts the legend of Cuội, whose wife accidentally urinated on a sacred banyan tree, taking him with it to the Moon. Every year, on the mid-autumn festival, children light lanterns and participate in a procession to show Cuội the way to Earth."


Last night before heading for dinner, I stopped by my neighbors' house across our little street. I gave the light-up ninja toy to their little boy (maybe 3 or 4 years old). I showed the mom a post-it note saying Tet Trung Thu and they were all so happy to have the boy receive the gift. This holiday is a celebration for children... and as I put on my helmet and got onto my scooter, he was sitting on the ground playing with the toy - it felt pretty awesome.  :)

Last Friday I stopped by a stationary store to pick up some card-stock paper to make certificates for our upcoming Spelling Bee. I found a fun pen and got it for Phuong... I've been using a fun googly-eye pen from my book fair last year... the kids love it... and now both Phuong and I have pens worth commenting about!

Here's Phuong with her new pen - I'm so glad she likes it!

...Funniest part is that it is a purple OSTRICH!!! I hadn't realized this until I pulled it out of the bag to give it to her this morning... AS I was telling her about my ostrich riding adventure yesterday... CRAZY. We had a good laugh about it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment