Friday, September 16, 2011

Saigon Kiss *

Last night as I was heading home and getting my scooter from its parking spot, I could feel the heat of the exhaust pipe on the scooter next to mine. Bikes are parked super close to one another in the city to try and fit as many as possible in a tiny area. I mentally told myself to be careful since I could feel the heat coming off of it and the bike must have been recently parked.

Well... of course, when I leaned over to put my key into the ignition and then backed up to pop the seat... I rubbed up against the exhaust pipe! Sheesh.

It's so easy to do here... and I love that Sarah told me it's considered a Saigon Kiss. You don't really live in Saigon until you've had a Saigon Kiss.

It's kind of like whiffing in kickball. You don't really play in the DKBC until you've whiffed (completely missing the ball when attempting to kick)... I guess I never really played in the league over the past 4 summers then... I was always somewhat waiting for my turn to embarrassingly whiff and be out.  :P

Last night, I drove home with a stinging sensation on the back of my leg the whole time. I could feel it but couldn't see it. By the time I got back to my place, however, I had a dark purple mark and red all around it! I put some Neosporin on it... and again this morning. Now it's a lovely shade of brownish-red... looks really cute with the dress I have on today (not). Haha.


As my Poppy taught me when I was little... "Eh, che putsa fa?!" - Italian slang for, "What're you gonna do?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment