Monday, September 5, 2011

Dalat, Day 1 - Datanla Falls

After the monastery, we drove to Datanla Falls. The best part of the falls were getting down to them! We were told that we could walk down or take the roller coaster down. Phuong, the library assistant, had told me about the roller coaster before coming and I wanted to try it... so glad I did! Each person rides in their own little car (or you can double up) and you control the speed and brakes. The foliage and scenery on the ride down is incredibly beautiful.








Kathleen... my tour buddy.

The waterfalls were pretty - nothing all that spectacular after growing up near Niagara Falls and having been to Ecuador... but still very nice to visit.

There were many Vietnamese tourists in Dalat this weekend for the holiday... I love their picture poses! I decided to take my own touristy shot...




I had fun taking pictures with some interesting new friends...



Next, we were off to lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant. Our tour included lunch so we were brought a variety of foods... I kind of wish we hadn't paid for lunch to be included and I could have ordered off the menu! ha. Live and learn. We were brought some kind of pork, a huge bowl of rice, artichoke soup with some kind of meat in it... both Kathleen and I agreed that it could be pig's feet, a plate of deliciously garlic greens, egg drop soup... and ...french fries. haha

The girls that we sat with were both from Spain - living in Ho Chi Minh City, working in the textile industry. They spend 1/2 their time in the office and the other 1/2 in the factory. It is some big clothing company that exports back to Spain. This was their lunch...


It's delicious. This is like the fish that I posted about a few weeks ago - when I went to eat with Riki and Saleshni. Along with the fish, they bring out a plate of greens, cucumbers, noodles, and rice paper... you wet the paper and then roll everything up in it like a spring roll and dip it in a sauce. It's quite delicious. Picking away at the fish is a bit unsettling if I think about it too much... but it's still delicious - and so fresh!


Kathleen and Henry, our tour guide.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment