Thursday, September 8, 2011

AIS Basketball - 1st game!

Today Sarah and I rode on the bus with the boys and girls basketball teams to support them in their first game! They played at the British International School... a very nice school with a large gymnasium and even a pool.

Our school, AIS, does not have a gymnasium - the kids have been practicing in the front school yard - an area that is not even a half-court size. A few times they have been bused to a facility with a full court to practice...

I really enjoyed attending the games today. We lost both games BUT I'm proud of how they supported one another and played hard the entire way through.




 Some AIS students came to support our teams! :)







Sarah and I :)

Sarah even found a little piece of home within the British International School.  :)

A bit of our warm-ups...

1 comment:

  1. An update - Our boys' team WON their game this past Tuesday! They got 40 points!!! The girls did extremely well too - only losing by 1 point. I'm so proud of these kids!
    It was pretty cute too... a few students asked if I was going to their game the day of. I wish I could have but we had a faculty meeting. I like being a part of extracurricular activities and being present to support the students. :)
    -Stacia

    ReplyDelete