Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dalat, wrapping up Day 1

Friday evening we decided to look through the guidebook to find a nice restaurant for dinner. Lunch wasn't all that satisfying (I'm still not eating much meat) and we felt like treating ourselves. We chose a place that sounded good - the restaurant at the Empress Hotel. We were the only ones in the entire restaurant - but it was early and the menu looked good.

Even potato skins were on the menu! ...but this is what came out to us...

It was wrapped in the foil when it came out to us... There were no "skins" involved... it was a potato though... but we didn't eat much beyond this.

Seriously?? When the waiter put it down on the table we thought it was the wrong thing... but he said Yes, potato skins... and it's not like anyone else was there for them to mix it up with.

The rest of the dinner was not much better. I would NOT suggest this place if you ever end up in Dalat, Vietnam. I ended up ordering a dessert... I was still so hungry... a banana flambe - and that was delicious!

From dinner, we went for a little walk around part of the lake. It was fun to see so many people out... just spending the evening by the lake. The tour guide kept saying how busy Dalat was this weekend because of the holiday. ...And we did see a lot of Vietnamese tourists, vacationing in Dalat for the weekend... but it did not feel crowded at all compared to Ho Chi Minh City.
Magical :)

If only it were a unicorn instead of a horse...  :P



Have I mentioned how much I love Dalat?? I love it... 'da lot! 
(I was making these jokes all weekend... Donna and Kathleen loooved it! hehe)

1 comment:

  1. You are the queen of corny jokes! Are you sure Donna and Kathleen loooved it?! (I am sure they did! How could they not?!)

    ReplyDelete