Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fish Massage

Kathleen and I went for a "fish massage" today after school...




These are Turkish fish that eat the dead skin cells from your feet. It was quite nerve-wracking putting my feet into the water at first and seeing all the fish swim towards them! After the first few minutes, however, it became bearable in an almost comfortable, ticklish way. It was a weird feeling having the fish nip my feet! The weirdest was probably when the fish nipped between my toes.  :P





Before the 'massage' we were given a cinnamon foot bath - and that was really nice! The fish massage went on for 30 minutes... and we were given amazingly strong, delicious ginger tea to sip.  :)  From there, we went into a nice little room for what we thought was supposed to be a 30-minute foot massage (more in the traditional sense of a foot massage than the fish one)...


They came in and put some kind of eye things on us... and then began the foot massage. It was quite rough (like the body massages)... and included the legs... then the arms and hands... and THEN we were told to turn over! haha. The "foot" massage seemed to keep going on and on...

The funny part was that we were fully clothed the entire time and yet I was then given a back massage... making it a body massage all together. THEN ...out came the hot stones.  :D  My favorite! We were basically given an hour-long full body massage with hot stones... it was an awesome surprise.

We were at the Blue Moon Spa for two hours! It was quite a lovely afternoon.

Ostrich riding... fish massages... I'm excited to see what is next for me to try!

2 comments:

  1. We have the fish thing in Japan too. I honestly was not impressed cause it didn't really seem to do much. But it was really ticklish. I haven't had any normal massages in Japan though. I think I might treat myself to one after my race this weekend though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - yeah, I don't know if it really did anything for me either. :P But it was a fun experience.

    What kind of race are you doing this weekend? A massage is a must I think. :) I've signed up for a 10K in Angkor Wat for the beginning of December... it's technically a 1/2 marathon but I signed up for just the 10K portion. :) Let me know if you want to do it!

    -Stacia

    ReplyDelete