Saturday, September 17, 2011

AIS Spelling Bee

Yesterday --Friday-- was the school Spelling Bee! Sarah and I put the event together and I think it went well.

Every student in the school participates in a class Spelling Bee during their language arts class. The top two students from each class moves on to the grade-level Bee (8 students in each - 6th, 7th, and 8th grades)... and then the top two winners from each grade compete in the Final Bee.

Grade-level Bees...

6th Grade:


 

7th Grade:


8th Grade:

Some students even had signs to cheer on their classmates!

The Final Bee: 




We had certificates for each student that qualified for the grade-level Bees... and then trophies and dictionaries for the top three students at the Final Bee.

My favorite part was at the end - Anh, an 8th grader, won the 2011 AIS Spelling Bee! As each of the top three students collected their prizes some students in the crowd were actually boo-ing (NOT my favorite part)... Well... Anh literally grabbed the microphone from Wes, our principal, and said with great power: "For those of you who are boo-ing me, if you did not want me to win, then you should have been up here competing against me!" HA! I loved it. To be honest, I was terrified when I saw her grab the mic from Wes' hand... and then I was so proud of her! SO true Anh! Congrats for the win.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment