Sunday, March 25, 2012

do you wear underwear?

I had the funniest phone conversation this morning...

I was out to breakfast with Patrice and my phone rang... it was the tailor.

She asked me if I was free... I was confused, as I don't have any clothes at the tailor's right now...

I couldn't really understand what she was saying... but finally I heard her ask me,
"Do you wear underwear?"

Uhhhh, yeah.

She then asked me where I get my underwear.

I told her that I brought them with me from the United States... that I haven't bought any here. (By the way, you do not want to buy underwear or any kind of intimates in Vietnam... no good... seriously.)

She kept talking and I thought maybe she had a costumer asking her and wanting a recommendation... so I said that if I were looking to buy underwear, I'd probably go to one of the big malls, like Vincom.

...She kept talking. I guess that wasn't what she needed.

THEN I understood her saying that her friend just opened an underwear shop... she's tried them and they are alright... the underwear is cheap ...Only about $3 - $5 and (again, she is telling me) they are good.

Uhhhh... hilarious.

...She wants to take me to her friend's shop. ...Today.

I told her that next time I'm at the tailor's shop she can give me her friend's card and if/when I need underwear I'll go to her friend's. (Hint: trying to end conversation...)

Well, I guess the friend doesn't have business cards yet... and Dung (tailor) wanted to take me to her friend's shop today... right now!

I thanked her... told her I was at breakfast with a friend... but if/when I need underwear, I'll let her know and we can go to her friend's shop.

Throughout the entire conversation Patrice was watching my face and laughing. I think my face went from complete confusion to a look of bewilderment, amusement, and wanting to hang up!

I finally was able to end the conversation... but know that next time I go to the shop I'll be pushed to visit  this friend's place with her. ...I really don't think I care to do so.

THEN, after the bizarre phone call, I received a text from Dung, asking me to not mention her friend's underwear shop when in the tailor's because her boss will get upset with her ...but when I want to go, I should text her and she will bring me to her friend's. ...HA! Oh man. Only here...

No comments:

Post a Comment