Friday, March 30, 2012

Bangkok update

I have my laptop with me for the conference and was all excited to be able to blog while on the trip... but then my hardrive crashed the first morning of the conference aaaand I no longer have a photo app. ...Working on it ...but all things seem to be stalled.

I'm not loving Bangkok (at all) yet. I plan to get out to more of the city this afternoon... on my list of things to see are the Grand Palace and Wat Po (one of the biggest, most popular temples).

So far, I've been staying in the business district and have taken the SkyTrain to the shopping center of the city, in order to get to an "Apple" store to have my computer looked at. After spending over 3 hours at this "Apple" store, I no longer have iPhoto or any Microsoft Office programs -- grrreat. I spent over 3 million bhat... and now have a new hardrive... but lost a lot too (my bad for not being better about backing things up).

It's been frustrating but things could definitely be worse. The conference has been really good so far and it feels comforting to be connected to the Internet again (in a way, it's sad how dependent I am on feeling 'connected' but I'm ok with that, as it helps in living abroad).

1 comment:

  1. Scary, Stacia!! Sorry about the computer drama...makes me want to back everything up today! I know you will find the gems of Bangkok and have some awesome pics to share with us. Glad the conference is shaping up to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete