Wednesday, June 20, 2012

delayed and re-routed

Well, I'm sitting the DC airport... In the United States!

I've made it this far... but my flight from Narita, Japan was delayed landing in DC and I missed my flight from DC to Rochester. Seriously, the little flight that's just over an hour long is the one that got me.

I was supposed to land in Rochester at 6:30pm... but I'm now waiting for a 10:00pm flight ...to Buffalo ...landing at 11:15pm.

Ok... Enough complaining OTHER than to say that this does not feel like a wonderful 'welcome back' from the States. I've been so excited for this visit home... But I have had none of the feelings like when I landed in San Francisco for my spring break and literally skipped up to the customs desk!

I did some yoga, stretching, and breathing just now, which helped to relax a bit... as well as wake up a bit. I've been telling myself that this happens and I need to be flexible...

My time in NY already felt short so now, even more so, I want to concentrate on enjoying the 4 days I have ahead of me in my hometown with family and good friends! I'm lucky enough to even have a few friends flying in this weekend to see me!! I'm lucky in life and this is just a little thing... but I am 'delaying' and 're-routing' my fondness for the States for now while I sit at Gate A3A in the airport instead of where I thought I'd be right now... eating a hot dog with chili sauce down by the lake! D'Oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment