Monday, June 11, 2012

Hai San Phu Quoc -local dinner in District 4...

I picked Jen up in District 1 this afternoon and we drove out to her neighborhood in District 4. It was my first time to this area (OTHER THAN my first full day in Vietnam last July when I got super lost... off my map... walking and successfully working on a nice sunburn).  :P

Today we met up with her husband, Nick, and her friend, Pauline, at their favorite local place for dinner. 

As we drove down, Jen said, "It's about a block up... the place with all of the red chairs..." (so true!)...



It.
Was.
Awesome.

Hai San... means seafood in Vietnamese... and this style is from Phu Quoc... an island off the southern coast of Cambodia, which is a part of Vietnam. I hope to get to Phu Quoc for a long weekend some time next year.  :)


We had 5 dishes... including a bunch of seafood, fried rice, noodles, and vegetables... and drinks - for all under $20. For real. This was one of the best Vietnamese meals I've had here to date!



No comments:

Post a Comment