Saturday, June 16, 2012

yen, hello kitty, and BIKE LOVE!

Today was a wonderful (yet sad) day! Sad... since it included see-you-laters to two of my closest friends here.  :(

Sarah and I had our last breakfast at Jaspa's on Dong Khoi... a tradition I will miss so much next year when she is in Kathmandu, Nepal!!!

From the cafe I exchanged some Vietnamese dong into Japanese yen! (...since I'll be venturing out into the city of Narita, Japan during my 8-hour layover coming up!)...


Early afternoon I met up with Patrice... we went to Pho Van (my favorite / neighborhood pho place)... and, of course, stopped in the Hello Kitty store next door!  :P

Patrice has a fantastic argyle bike! Since she's leaving Vietnam... I'm lucky enough to inherit this gem and have the perfect reminder of this fabulous girl.  :)  :)  :)

Quite the duo!...
(Photo-taking courtesy of Mr. Nhan.)

I took it for a ride around the neighborhood and love it!!! It's a one-speed and automatically goes 'Stacia Speed', as Lenny termed my pedaling/putsing along on a bike.  :P Perrrrfect. Even the bell is the perfect pitch!

The bike in its new parking spot...

No comments:

Post a Comment