Sunday, June 17, 2012

one day it's there... the next... it's a mermaid

Last August, when I was trying to learn the route from my apartment to school... while sitting on the back of a xe om's motorbike... I realized that I would not be able to:

A) ...read / memorize the street signs that are in Vietnamese (although I'm getting better at this!)

B) ...count on landmarks such as a store or a restaurant to remember where to turn...

So many buildings in Saigon change on a daily basis! One day a building, shop, or restaurant is there... and it's gone the next. ...The next day ...it'll be a brand new something-or-other!

BUT... with the pictures below... it sure does look like this mermaid has been there for a while. I'm not sure how I've missed this amazing detail, which is right in my neighborhood! ...but I love it:



No comments:

Post a Comment