Tuesday, February 5, 2013

driving from FJ to Wanaka, NZ

The drive from Franz Josef to Wanaka (well, really, all of the way to Queenstown) is incredible. I highly recommend anyone visiting the South Island do this trip!

I gave myself the entire day (after leaving Lake Matheson early in the morning) to drive from Franz Josef to Wanaka. The drive took about 5 or 6 hours and was enjoyable... I took my time... made sure I kept to the left side of the road... and enjoyed the views!



Beautiful turquoise fresh water...

Driving along the one road... with stunning views (like this below) the entire way... just gorgeous.

Just one of the great pull-off points on the side of the road...

A lake like this would so often be surrounded by homes in the States... but so much of New Zealand's natural beauty is left to be enjoyed by all. I love it.    : )


I think these wildflowers are called lupids. They are so pretty... and all over the South Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment