Monday, February 18, 2013

Wanaka, NZ - Purple Cow YHA Hostel

From Lenny's recommendation, I stayed at the Purple Cow Hostel in Wanaka. It has been taken over by YHA (many throughout New Zealand).



This is a great hostel with a GREAT view of Wanaka's lake and The Remarkables - mountains - in the distance... 


But I did NOT love being in a bunk room with others...


I was so happy when a private room opened up my last evening there (New Year's Eve)... it was a splurge... but so worth it.


With that, I did really enjoy the hostels with the common room and big kitchen. It was nice to buy groceries and make lunch and dinner instead of going out to eat for every meal. My cafe treat was a daily latte (of course)! And it was fun to meet some of the other people traveling and staying at the hostel.



No comments:

Post a Comment