Tuesday, February 19, 2013

driving from Wanaka to Queenstown, NZ - part 2

Continuing the drive from Wanaka to Queenstown... going over the pass on Crown Range Road...

The photos below are from a stop that I made before beginning crazy hairpin turns. It wasn't really a turnoff point for tourists but more like someone's driveway... I liked the view out towards Queenstown with sheep in the foreground.




The crazy hairpin turns can be seen in the two photos below... (on the left, Stacia! ...not too close to the edge though... slow and steady... my mantra as I putzed along)  :P

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are prettier than a postcard! In fact, they should be made into postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom!! It was a surreal view. I wish I were back there right now! : )

    ReplyDelete