Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rooster on a leash

Rooster on a leash! 

Funny enough, this actually reminded me of Koura (Lenny's dog) tied to the tree and waiting for us outside Sweet Action Ice Cream in Denver, CO. That'd be awesome if this rooster was waiting for its owner (or in Koura's case - the only person in the world that matters in her life... Lenny!).

The world I'm living in... (I'm monster-sized!)

I bought a great basket-bag in Dalat for about 25 cents. A ton of natives carry these and I think it's so functional - and cute! WELL, I've been told by multiple Vietnamese people that it is an old lady bag. Both my tailor and one of the IT guys at school laughed and told me that their mothers carry a bag like this! (WHAT?! O-M-G... not your mother?! haha... I think it's pretty funny... I like the bag, I think it's cute, and I'm pretty ok with having a little bit of 'old lady' in me... at least it's 'cute old lady' in my mind, haha.)
Here, it is carrying all of my produce bought to make salsa - perfect!

The two bouquets of flowers I bought came to about $2.00 and filled 3 vases, which are all over my apartment now  :)



I also bought produce on the street. I plan to make carrot juice... and the rest is for salsa. Everything below cost less than $1.00  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo jealous of your cheap produce. All fruits and vegetables are expensive here, event the locally grown ones. I have seen single apples for $2...It's nuts. But the longer I am here the more used to it I get.

    ReplyDelete