Tuesday, December 13, 2011

3-Temple Finale

I went back to the fancy Prince D'Angkor Hotel for lunch... but instead of heading out to the pool afterwards, I decided to take full advantage of being in Siem Reap on a Monday and hopped on a tuk tuk to take me out to 3 more temples. We put my luggage under the tuk tuk's seat and we were off! These 3 temples, Bakong, Preah Ko, and Lolei, looked great in my book but are a distance from the others. They are the oldest temples I saw during my trip, having been constructed in the late 9th century.

When I first arrived at Bakong Temple, these two boys said hello to me and wanted to pose for a picture. ...And apparently the one boy wanted to fondle himself.  :P


Bakong Temple:











Old next to New:





From Bakong Temple we drove down the street a few kilometers to Preah Ko Temple:



Very cool.  :)  I find myself thinking of these temples as "the hairy ones" now, haha.









And finally, we had just enough time to drive over to Lolei Temple...



Frolicking in front of Lolei Temple  :)






Drying some kind of food on a rug... and fish in the bowl behind...



From Lolei, we had about a 40-minute drive to the airport

No comments:

Post a Comment