Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas-themed Casual Day

Every first Friday of each month, our school has a "casual day". Students can donate 20,000 dong ($1.00) that goes to a different charity each month and wear casual clothes instead of their school uniforms.

The Student Council deemed today's casual day as Christmas-themed. SO... naturally, Sarah and I wore our tutus! (Once you have a tutu, the opportunities that seem to fit wearing one come up all the time.)


Sarah was a Christmas fairy (she had wings too!)... and I was some kind of green and red, tutu wearing Christmas candy cane. Basically... we were both super cute (...even students told us so! haha). Too bad we were the only ones 'dressed up' -- most everyone else just wore red and/or green.  :P

One of Sarah's afternoon classes came down to the library and we read Strega Nona as part of their folktale / fairy tale unit...


Readers' Workshop








Nhung, an 8th grader, also got some fun shots of study hall students playing Bananagrams in the library. [Thanks for the great gift Tracy Bisha!!]






I've even started having after-school requests for Banangrams. I'm so glad these kids are into this word game - it's great for their English-language skills.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Christmas themed tutus on Sarah and you! You two are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bananagrams! I have used it a bunch with my students too.

    ReplyDelete