Sunday, December 11, 2011

Angkor Wat Temple

From the Old Market, the tuk tuk driver took me out to see Angkor Wat Temple (first time in the daylight!). The photo below is from our drive out of Siem Reap to the temples.

Clean-up from the morning race was underway.


This guy...

...fared much better than his buddy on the other side.








Looking out to Angkor Wat in the distance (it is a bit of a walk from where the tuk tuk drops you off).




Ha - I liked this irrigation system... around the tree.  :P

Angkor Wat.  :)  The majority of this temple was built in the early 12th century.

B$Bosch... these next 2 photos are for you.
Can you guess why I took these and thought of you??





You're able to climb to the top for a great view... but I had shorts on and that was a no-no. I'm glad I'll be going back soon with my family so I can be prepared and climb up there!

Once I was turned away from the climb because of my shorts, I realized why the ladies selling tourist goodies were all saying, "Buy some pants ladyyyyyy?" hahaha













There was a guy selling incense to put at the foot of a statue for good luck... I did not buy one from him but on my way back through the doorway, he asked where I was from. I said I am from the United States but living in Ho Chi Minh City... hearing that I am living in Vietnam made him very excited! haha. Someone had paid him in dong (and Vietnam's currency is a closed currency, so it is useless anywhere other than Vietnam)! The two coins below total 400 dong... which is equivalent to about 2 pennies in the U.S.  :P

A note in regards to $ in Cambodia... they use USD! But if you are going to Cambodia (or anywhere in SE Asia, just to be safe), make sure to bring bills that are in very good condition. Dollar bills that are torn or too worn out will not be accepted. (Am I the only one that did not realize this before coming to Vietnam??)


One of my favorite photos from the weekend.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment