Monday, April 2, 2012

EARCOS Teachers' Conference 2012 - Bangkok

The conference I attended was great. I found a lot of the sessions really beneficial and loved that there was a library-specific strand this year!

It was an odd sensation to be surrounded by other international teachers... most of whom have been doing it for years (living abroad is their life!)... and many of them know one another. Living and teaching abroad is not weird to them, it's just their life... and that was weird to me (even though I guess I'm doing it too).   :P

The photo below is from the keynote speaker Friday morning... Steve Layne (he was a great presenter and very inspiring... teachers do make a difference)...


The conference took place at the Snagrila Hotel - a gorgeous hotel right on the river!


Peggy Sharp was at the conference! She presents about new children's literature and she is one of my favorites from back home... below, she is showing an interactive way to read a poem aloud.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment