Monday, April 9, 2012

long way for Spring Break...

My Spring Break turned into the biggest trip I've taken so far! I decided to visit a city which I adore and a good friend in San Francisco, California! ...It was wonderful to be back in the States for a bit (just 4 days... wish it could have been longer).

Less than 24 hours after returning from Bangkok, Thailand... I was back at the airport to head to the States!!

The picture below is of the television screen on the plane... such a distance!...


Top reactions to being back in the States for the first time in over 8 months:
  • My first shock was hearing the two men waiting outside the plane with wheelchairs speaking English!
  • I skipped up to the man at Customs in the airport with a huge grin on my face!
  • Being able to brush my teeth with water from the tap
  • Being able to clearly communicate with everyone I came into contact with
  • People commenting on my hair in a positive way... instead of staring at me like I'm crazy to 'make' my hair the way it is
  • Not feeling monster-sized...
  • Breathing in the light, crisp air... the air felt clean and the cool weather was welcome (although I also felt like a wimp who's gotten used to the 90+ degree weather!)
However... I was pushing my luck with simply walking into the street at every intersection whether traffic was coming or not! ...Needed to remind myself a few times to follow the rules... that there were rules. Weird.   :P

1 comment:

  1. You need to look both ways before crossing the street, little missy!

    ReplyDelete