Sunday, April 29, 2012

mystery fruit... the 'water coconut'

We kept seeing bushels of some kind of (presumably) fruit along the side of the road at stands...

Finally, we stopped to check it out and found that the bushel parts are broken open and a small white-ish piece (in the bag E is holding) is the fruit to be eaten.



AND we found out that a bushel of this mystery fruit is super HEAVY!



We tried this fruit... which, after being home and searching the Internet, I've found is called a 'water coconut'... it comes as a drink (or at least it did at this roadside stand!). We weren't sure if the taste (or lack of taste) was good or bad at first... but after a bit of chewing, Sarah and I both had trouble swallowing it... I think it was more of a texture thing... and lack of taste than a bad taste. 


I'm glad I've tried water coconut once... but don't feel the need to ever do so again.   :P

No comments:

Post a Comment