Saturday, August 4, 2012

around Ubud

Some shots while I walked around Ubud...

Traditional clothing... (beautiful fabrics!)


A ton of men were putting this huge structure up in the morning...

...and by the afternoon it looked complete!

I'm not sure what this was used for in the end... BUT there was going to be a huge ceremony in a couple days (the day after I left, I believe). By ceremony... it was a cremation ceremony. I guess it's expensive to cremate in Bali... so the deceased are buried for a while and then all cremated together in a large group. ...Sorry for that ...kind of weird to write and yucky to think about BUT interesting nonetheless! There's a big parade leading to this big structure for the ceremony (I saw another structure like this in another part of town too)...

No comments:

Post a Comment