Thursday, May 23, 2013

alteration shop street, HCMC

There are numerous alteration shops on Ly Chinh Thang Street in HCMC.

Having found that out, I now go to the shop shown below... they are friendly, have done a great job with my things, and at a VERY fair price! No one that I've met yet (been about 3 times) speaks any English... but with my meager Vietnamese skills (mostly numbers) and a lot of hand gestures, we're able to communicate pretty well.

For little things (making straps on a dress shorter... fixing a hole on a seam...) they have me sit on a little red stool while they do the quick fix. Something like that costs 10,000 dong (or 50 cents). ...Ok!   : )





Just a few doors down from this intersection...

1 comment:

  1. Hey..
    Viet Nam,what a wonderfull country..
    i want to share my experience in Vietnam that you can see my video
    http://vimeo.com/66648030
    greatings from Italy
    good luck

    ReplyDelete