Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"the good life..."

I turned around on my drive home from school when I saw this guy sitting in front of a house with this bright blue door... such a great photo! A new favorite of mine...



Hanging out...
Waiting for his next xo om customer...
And watching the city traffic go by...

I was across the street taking these photos, when a guy from a little shop came up to see what I was taking photos of (he probably thought I was a bit nuts). I showed him the photos on my camera and said it was beautiful and I liked the colors.

This older man spoke a bit of English... he pointed to just left of the man sitting on his motorbike and said that it was his house. I (stupidly) said, "Oh, Good!" Oh goodness, Stacia. The guy threw his head back and laughed in shock... he then said to me... "No! Not good."... Pointed to the huge, new condo/apartment buildings just behind these little homes and said, "THAT is the good life."

We laughed... spoke a bit more... he went back to the shop with his buddies and I went on my way.

Still... one of my favorite photos from Vietnam.   : )   So much beauty and character in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment