Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day-trip to the Mekong Delta

We had two days off school this week for national holidays. April 30th is Vietnamese Victory Day and May 1st (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BROTHER LENNY!!) is Labor Day. I took advantage of the time off and booked a day tour to the Mekong Delta through SinhTourist. $20 for the day, including lunch... sounds good to me!

Michelle and Michelle came along too! Michelle teaches 6th and 7th grade language arts at the middle school with me and the other Michelle teaches 2nd grade at the elementary campus.


Our tour went to My Tho and Ben Tre in the Mekong Delta. ...and it included a little bit of everything!

We went on a number of boat rides, a rowboat ride, a horse-drawn carriage ride, cruised past floating fish farms, saw how rice paper is made, went to a honeybee farm, saw how coconut candy is made, listened to a live concert of traditional music, and had a local lunch of elephant ear fish. WHEW! AND made it back to the city by 5:30pm.

The bus ride from Ho Chi Minh City to My Tho was only an hour and a half... and it made me realize that it's a good thing we're getting back into the rainy season, as the land looked super dry...


Beautiful blue sky... made for a very hot day!! ...but sad, brown ground.


I'll be posting more from this day-trip coming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment