Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ultimate Frisbee in HCMC!

I've joined an ultimate frisbee league in Ho Chi Minh City!

We've had 3 games so far... haven't won a game yet BUT, I'm having a ton of fun  :)

The league is through RMIT - a university in the city. There are 5 or 6 westerners (including myself) in the league and everyone else is a Vietnamese university student.

I'm on Team Tortoise. (Hilarious.) Kevin, the new music teacher at my school, is on Team Tortoise as well.






My first week (not having played ultimate frisbee in almost 4 years) was a lot of me standing on the field... feeling like I was watching everyone whiz past me in all different directions and I would think to myself, "Where should I be?! What should I be doing?! WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Hahaha

Each week I've gotten significantly better. It feels great. More and more of the strategy and specific plays are coming back to me and I feel like I'm actually helping out my team. (I even scored two points for my team in the 2nd game!)

Each week, I'm not sure I really want to go to ultimate and take up a good portion of my Sunday. ...I've gone each week so far and each time, I'm so glad I did! It feels great to run around outside (come back absolutely soaked with sweat)... to play a team sport... and my teammates are pretty awesome  :)  Even if it feels like it's been a tough or exhausting week at work, my teammates bring me up - they're so sweet and encouraging.

This is a new Vietnamese adventure that I'm really glad I've gotten involved with!


No comments:

Post a Comment