Sunday, May 13, 2012

Guitar Shop Street

Elizabeth and I met up for facials at My Spa on Saturday... and then went on an excursion to find her a ukulele... a student at school gave her the name and address of a shop in District 3.

We found the street... which we found had numerous guitar/music shops! ...Apparently we found Guitar Shop Street... awesome.

Hilariously... the shop that was recommended is the one that is closed! (You can see our two scooters parked in front... on a bustling street... this is the one shop closed... go figure.)  :P


We went into a number of other guitar shops and wandered down some alleys in the neighborhood...

We stumbled upon a church set among houses on a street as wide as a normal sidewalk...
The statue of Jesus is holding... an upside-down L ??

Pretty  :)

From Guitar Shop Street, I cruised by the huge flower market in District 10... I bought a package of roses, which ended up being a mix of red, yellow, pink, and orange roses... 5 dozen to be exact.
...And I paid 50,000 (about $2.50) ...seriously.  :D
The guy even rigged the flowers to the back of my bike!


It was a long, thorny job to cut the stems and put them all into vases... but so worth it, as now I have roses all over my apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment