Saturday, May 19, 2012

Happy Birthday HCM!

May 19th is Ho Chi Minh's birthday... born in 1890 as Nguyen Sinh Cung and now, his embalmed body can be seen in Hanoi (I think Lenny and Lexey did this while we were in Hanoi and Mom, Dad, and I went looking for Candy Strret and Scarf Strret!).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HO CHI MINH!!

Thinking back to one year ago today, I was still working at Leroy Drive Elementary in Northglenn, Colorado but knew my position was being cut and I had accepted my current position in HCMC, Vietnam. My mom had thoughtfully sent me Learn Vietnamese language CDs as a Ho Chi Minh Day present!! Ha, loved that.

A year ago, I couldn't picture what this city would really be like, how my life would change from living abroad in SE Asia, or that I would be sitting in Jaspas Cafe right now blogging about my current life and daily activities. Pretty incredible.

I read a quote earlier this morning which sums it up nicely:
"Growth demands a temporary surrender of security." -Gail Sheehy

No comments:

Post a Comment