Thursday, May 31, 2012

Quan 94 - Crab Place

I've been to the "crab restaurant" a few times now and have loved it each time.

This is truly a local Vietnamese joint - filled with locals... sitting crammed together on red plastic chairs at small metal tables... and the food seems to just keeps coming!


The big sign outside the restaurant says "Quan 94" ...although the address of the building is really #84.
84 Dinh Tien Hoang, District 1... to be exact.

The first time I was going to this restaurant I was given the following directions in an email:


"The address is 84, but the sign says 94.  And it is the first 94, not the second one.  If that sounds confusing, its not, just drive along Dinh Tien Hoang till you see a bunch of crabs outside of a restaurant, and that's the place."


Hilarious... but true!



There's a kitchen in the back but also this makeshift kitchen up front...


And truly - if you look for the crabs outside... you'll find the restaurant.


We ate upstairs. A girls' dinner date was fabulous for this Thursday evening!

Sarah's on the left... then Jen in the middle... and Kat on the right! ...Sarah and Jen are both from England and Kat's from Sweden... I love these girls. I've met each of them separately and tonight's the first time we've all gotten together as a group! 


Sarah is moving to Kathmandu, Nepal!!! I'm so excited for her to go on this new adventure... but I definitely don't love the idea of her not being here next year.  :(

I'm going to MISS. THIS. GIRL. 


No comments:

Post a Comment